The Canon VIXIA HF G20 uses AVCHD or MPEG-4 as the movie recording format, with AVCHD topping out at 1080/60i and MP4 offering 24p and 30p modes. It adopts MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 as the video compression standard. Movies recorded with Canon VIXIA HF G20 can be saved either to the 32GB of internal flash memory or to one of the two SD/SDHC/SDXC card slots. It is necessary to save the recorded movies on a computer on a regular basis.
How to Transfer Canon VIXIA HF G20 Recorded Movies to Computer (Windows)?
You will need to use the supplied software VideoBrowser to save your movies to your PC. VideoBrowser also offers many options for organizing your video library, editing video, creating discs and more.
1. Install the VideoBrowser software onto your computer.
2. Power the camcorder using the compact power adapter.
3. Connect the camcorder to the computer using the supplied USB cable.
4. When the connection is successfully established, [USB Connection] appears on the screen of Camcorder.
5. VideoBrowser will start up automatically, Click the computer icon in the menu panel to start transferring movie files.
You can also follow the steps above to transfer recorded videos to your computer from
Canon Vixia HF S11
Canon VIXIA HF S10
Canon VIXIA HF S100
Canon VIXIA HF S200
Canon Vixia HG21
Canon Vixia HG20