So long as the video files in your computer are compatible with iPhone/iPad, you can move them onto your device for viewing on the go. The common way is to sync the video files to iPhone/iPad with iTunes. This way is very easy yet has some drawbacks.
First, you have to connect your device to the computer via cable. Though iTunes 11 allows you to sync music, movies, apps, podcasts, books, tones, audiobooks between iPhone/iPad and computer via the same wifi range, you still need to organize the downloads in iTunes library first. Besides, as I tested, the transfer over wifi was very slow and unstable and iTunes would disconnect my iPhone from time to time.
Also, if you are trying to transfer from multiple computers or with multiple Apple IDs, you may easily get the video files previously synced to your device erased and replaced.
In this article, I’d like to share with you another way to sync compatible video files from computer to iPhone/iPad. There’s no need for iTunes or cable. Before getting started, please take note that you can only follow this way to transfer video files which are supported by iPhone/iPad. If the video files are iTunes-, iPad-, iPod-, or iPhone-incompatible, you need to use Video Converter App to convert them first.
How to Sync Video Files to iPhone/iPad without iTunes
The only app you need is Wireless Transfer App.
To sync videos from computer to iPhone using Wireless Transfer App:
1. Make sure your computer and your iPhone are connected to the same Wi-Fi range.
2. Download and install Wireless Transfer App onto your iPhone.
3. Have Wireless Transfer App running on your iPhone.
4. Open a web browser in your computer (Windows or Mac) and type the http address as exactly shown at the bottom of the welcome screen.
5. Find the Upload Images and Videos button in your web browser.
6. Browse your computer and choose the videos you need to transfer to your iPhone.
To sync video files from computer to iPad, just download Wireless Transfer App onto your iPad and follow the above steps.