Nowadays, mobile phones and tablets running Android OS are more and more popular. Many of us enjoy watching movies and TV shows on Android devices, especially on the big screen of Android Pads like Kindle Fire HD, Google Nexus 7, Motorola Xoom, HP TouchPad, etc.
To play videos on an Android phone, you can simply download and install the VLC app for Android. It can play videos of almost any type or size directly on your device. If you want to play videos on your Android device natively (without the installation of apps or plug-ins), you will need to convert them to Android-compatible formats like MP4 and 3GP first.
In this post, I’d like to show how you can transfer video files from your computer to an Android phone or tablet for free.
The only tool you need is AirDroid. Let’s take a look at how it works:
How to Free Transfer Video to Android Phones or Tablets?
1. Download and install AirDroid onto your Android phone or tablet
AirDroid is available on Google Play and it is free.
2. Run AirDroid app on your device
Note: You need to make sure your computer and device are connected to the same network.
3. Open a web browser on your computer, type the HTTP URL as shown in the AirDroid app into the address bar, and then enter the passcode to login.
4. When the connection is successful, you can see all the files stored in your device in the web page.
5. Click the Videos icon to check all the video files in your device. You can then click the Upload button, select video files from your computer hard drive, and start to transfer video files to your Android phone or tablet.
Note: If the video files cannot be transferred due to Unsupported File Type, you may download Video Converter App (Windows or Mac) to help you get them converted to MP4 or 3GP files first.
If you want to transfer movie files from your Android phone or tablet to PC, just select the files and click the Download button to get it done.
- Transfer iTunes Music to Samsung Galaxy Note II
- Convert Video for iOS & Android Devices FOR FREE with HandBrake
- Free Download YouTube Videos for Android Phones and Tablets
- Convert Video Files to Play on Android Smartphones and Tablet Computers
- How to Sync Video Files to iPhone/iPad without iTunes
- How to Transfer Video to Samsung Galaxy Note II