In this post, I’d like to show how you can convert video files from AVI to MP4 on iPhone. Before getting started, let’s take a look at:
What is AVI?
AVI stands for Audio Video Interleave. It is a container format used by Microsoft’s Video for Windows multimedia framework. It is widely used by consumers and even supported by some standalone DVD players. Although still supported in Windows, and suitable for certain formats like DV, it’s not a good general purpose container, and even Microsoft uses other containers for their own video formats.
What is MP4?
MP4 is the official multimedia container for MPEG-4 video and audio. Although such video can be stored in a number of modern containers, including MPEG-2 PS/TS and Matroska, the development of MP4 is important because it gives hobbyists a replacement for the outdated AVI container which became the standard for MPEG-4 ASP (DivX, XviD, 3IVX, etc.) video.
As a matter of fact, MP4 is more widely used by popular portable devices for video playback. It is necessary to convert AVI to MP4 for more compatibility with modern devices and a wider range of other usage.
How to Convert AVI to MP4 on iPhone?
To convert AVI to MP4 on iPhone, you only need to get Video Converter App for iPhone to help you.
1. Download and install Video Converter App onto your iPhone.
2. Choose MP4 as the output format.
Have Video Converter App running on your iPhone.
Shift to the More… tab and select MP4 (*.mp4) as the output format.
For more output settings, please refer to: Video Converter App Output Settings.
3. Transfer AVI files from your computer.
4. The imported AVI files will be listed in the Video Source tab. Tap the Convert Now button to start to convert them.
5. The converted video files will be listed in the Converted Video tab. Tap the share icon on the top right, and you can choose to play the converted MP4 video on your iPhone, copy the converted MP4 video to Photo Libary, open the converted MP4 video in other apps, and even transfer the converted MP4 video files back to your computer.